When the aroma flows deep inside your senses and leaves you spell bound...
When the look magnetises your eyes with delight...
When the taste makes you feel elated and go merry-round...
When the nutrition satiates your body triggering the zest in your life…
Then you know that the “Food” is absolutely right…
~Jyotika Rajput Mehra Poetic Composition
FOOD – THE PRIME ELEMENT BEHIND OUR SURVIVAL…
“Food” - one thing that makes the world go crazy… has a wonderful impact when eaten right! Or else you just go hay-wired hopping from ailment to another!
THE ART OF EATING RIGHT…
|Balance Your Diet (Image courtesy)|
The age-old mantra, “Eat to Live and not Live to Eat” is essentially the key factor that aligns you in the direct stack of “Eating Right”! Weirdly, people in today’s world follow the reverse gear, thus inviting all the ailments – physical, mental, emotional…
BALANCED DIET – THE PATH TO WELLNESS…
Well one ought to focus upon the prime element – “Food” that makes life go on, in absolute terms. The much clichéd term “balanced diet” indeed is the sure shot path to wellness. Here's a brief about its essential constituents:
- The elixir of life and the most essential constituent contributes to 60% of your body weight.
- The intake varies on one’s age, climatic conditions and nature of work.
- Adequate intake (AI) for females is 2.2 litres per day; for males it is 3-4 litres per day. (Courtesy: www.mayoclinic.org)
- Water cures several ailments and heals your body. (See Japanese Water Therapy)
Tip: Substitute your aerated drinks with the fresh plain water and feel the magic yourself!
- The “Building Blocks” of life are required to repair body cells and create new ones.
- The intake varies on one’s age and health conditions. (Healthy people do not necessarily require big portions of proteins)
Sources: Whole grains, cereals, legumes, nuts, seeds, fruits, animals.
Tip: Include 2-3 servings of proteins to fulfil the daily requirement.
CARBOHYDRATES A.K.A. CARBS
- The store house of energy does wonders if consumed aptly.
- The mood rechargers help in promoting weight loss.
- Carbs are good for your heart and sharpens memory.
- Healthy carbs (whole grain breads, bran cereals, green vegetables, fresh fruits)
- Unhealthy carbs (refined flour, aerated drinks, starch, sweets and sugar)
Tip: Consume healthy carbs in moderation to retain your body weight!
- Fats are highly caloric but essential for serving body's structural and metabolic functions.
- They are necessary to absorb the vitamins in the body.
- Healthy fats (remain liquid at room temperature – Olive oil, corn oil, safflower oil, peanut oil, fish, flax seeds, sunflower seeds, walnuts)
- Unhealthy fats (remain solid at room temperature – Butter, beef fat, pork fat)
Tip: Avoid high intake to cut out heart and cholesterol issues, and increase in body weight.
They are the vital nutrients that help body cells to develop and function properly.
- Fat soluble vitamins (vitamin A, D, E, K)
- Water soluble vitamins (vitamin B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B7, B9, B12, C)
Tip: Deficiency of any vitamin or consumption in excess leads to ill health!
- They are essential chemical elements required by the body to stay healthy.
- They look after the bone health, skin, hair, heart-beat regulation, hormone creation, anti-ageing, and perform many more significant functions.
- Macro minerals (calcium, magnesium, potassium, chloride, sulphur, sodium, phosphorus )
- Trace minerals (iron, iodine, zinc, fluoride, copper, selenium, cobalt, manganese)
Tip: Consume in significant amount to strengthen the body immunity.
FIBRE and ROUGHAGE
- The non-energy providers are extremely essential for a good digestive system.
- They help in weight loss, reduction of cardiovascular diseases and healthy bowel movement.
- Soluble fibre (dissolves partially in water - oatmeal, legumes, seeds, nuts, apples, berries)
- Non-soluble fibre (does not dissolve in water - breakfast cereals, whole wheat, wheat bran, brown rice, tomatoes, carrots, zucchini, cucumbers, cabbage, celery)
Good To Know: Milk is one ingredient composed of all the essential constituents of a balanced diet listed above. However, the recommendation for daily consumption varies from individual to individual, based on factors like age and health conditions.
HONEY – NATURE'S SWEET WONDER...
|Nature's Sweet Wonder - Honey (Image courtesy)|
World knows what this sweet wonder does! Here’s a fact list depicting the nutritional value of 1 tablespoon of honey. (Source)
- Proteins - 0.06 g
- Carbohydrates - 17.3 g
- Sugars - 17.25 g
- Traces of vitamins and minerals
- Fats - 0 g
- Cholesterol - 0 mg
- Dietary Fibre - 0 g
- Total Calories - 64
Good To Know: It is internationally recognised that good quality honey should be processed at less than 20% water content. (Source)
A REAL BALANCED CRASH DIET WITH HONEY...
Replace the white poison (sugar) with the natural source of energy-booster while you are on a crash diet, and I bet you will never lose upon the essential nutrients.
Treat yourself with some great health benefits of Honey that…
- Boosts memory
- Triggers weight loss and good digestion
- Fights cholesterol and protects heart (due to its anti-oxidant properties)
- Cures infection and relieves swelling (due to its anti-inflammatory properties)
- Combats cough and cold
- Aids sleep
- Nourishes skin and hair
Crash Diet Tip: Along with your regular workout, strictly cut down sugar, refined flour and fried to see the best results!
So now when you want a balanced "crash" diet, don’t forget the golden elixir, the product of sweet bee workers – "Honey"! :)
* Author of this post reserves rights for the written content source being an original concept. Please do not copy without permission. Be mindful to give credit if you refer this blog post anywhere. ©Jyotika Rajput Mehra
* This post is purely based on the author’s personal experience, knowledge and perception. The purpose of this post is to encourage the readers to stay healthy by eating right and using nature's gift of honey in daily diet.
* The content of this post is validated through relevant sources using Google, and should be used as informational purpose only. It does not claim to be any kind of medicinal advice.
* This post is written for http://www.daburhoney.com/ (Honey Diet, #HoneyDietIsHere)
Post a Comment